You may now realise this, but your jewellery may tarnish or lose its shine due to the exposure from chemicals and alcohol in your beauty products. To prevent this from happening, remove your jewellery when applying perfumes, lotions or other cosmetic products that contain chemicals.
How to clean your jewellery
1. Fill a bowl with two cups of warm water and mix in a few drops of mild dishwashing liquid.
2. Allow your gold to soak in the solution for approximately 15 minutes. Gently scrub it with a soft-bristle brush, or rub it with a soft cloth, to remove stubborn dirt or grime.
3. Use the same method for cleaning your diamond jewellery or gemstones jewellery.
Tip: Avoid cleaning it over a hard surface as your jewellery piece may slip off your fingers easily. Dropping it on a hard surface results in a high chance of cracking.
1. Add a drop or two of mild detergent into a bowl of lukewarm water and soak the jewellery for a few minutes.
2. Gently brush the clasps, claws and grooves. Rinse under running water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
1. Lay them on a soft cloth. Dip a small makeup brush into a mixture of cold water with a dash of mild soap. Do not use hot water as it will peel the skin of the pearl.
2. Use a soft velvety cloth to wipe dry and leave to air-dry. Do not brush them as this will cause them to lose their lustre.
1. Wipe with a dry jewellery cloth or soft velvet cloth.
2. Do not soak in hot water and avoid brushing as this may dull the jade’s sheen.